Currently in my 22nd year in education. Taught 21 years in Autauga County School System; 14 years at Marbury High
- Have taught 7th Grade Civics & Geography, 7 years
- Taught 8th Grade World History, 7 years
- Taught 9th grade World History, 1 year
- Taught 10th grade US History I, 6 years
- Taught 11th grade US History II, 10 years (currently teaching)
- Taught 11th grade AP US History, 4 years (currently teaching)
- Taught 12th grade Government & Economics, 2 years
- Teaching 12th grade Ready to Work
- Taught Electives - Current Events; Sociology
Alabama State University - 1998
- Bachelor of Arts - History (Secondary Education)
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
University of Montevallo - 2005
- Master's - Educational Leadership & Administration
Plus 20 year veteran History Teacher. I serve on the Principal's Leadership Team, Graduation Coordinator and Chair of the History Department.
I have a passion for History, especially enjoy teaching/reading US History. I've taught 7th Civics/Geography, 8th World History, 9th World History, 10th US History, 11th Grade US History, 12th Government/Economics, Electives - Current Events, and Sociology.
Currently teaching 11th AP US History, 11th US History, and Ready to Work to Seniors.
I am married to LaShonda Palmer and the father of 2 boys, Keyshawn "KJ" Palmer - (Marbury High graduate - Class of 2018) currently attending Troy University; and Gavin L. Palmer (scientist of the family) attends Millbrook Middle School.
I have been coaching since I started my teaching career in 1998. I have coached football for 20 years (currently not coaching football). I have coached basketball for 20+ years; I am presently serving as the Assistant Varsity Girls and Assistant Varsity Boys coach. I have also coached girls softball (5 years) and boys and girls track (4 years). I am presently serving as the assistant softball coach.