**It should be noted that with regulations and things constantly changing with the COVID-19 Pandemic, these items MAY change as well.
WORK KEYS ASSESSMENT:
- All seniors must take the Workkeys Assessment onWednesday, February 24.
- If a student does not receive a credential through Workkeys, the student will have to take the test again at a later date.
- MAKE-UP WORK-KEYS is WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2021. Be at the school no later than 7:45 AM.
- Failure to take Workkeys will result in a student not being able to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Graduation is scheduled for June 3rd at 6 PM at MHS on the football field
- At this time, no other venue will book a graduation due to COVID-19.
- If there is a large percentage of rain, Mr. Woodfin will move the date up a day (June 2nd).
- Plan NOW that if the forecast calls for rain on the 3rd, we may move graduation to the 2nd. We will plan on the 3rd and only move graduation if it looks likely that weather will impact graduation.
- Graduation practice will be June 3rd at 9 AM on the football field. If graduation is moved to the 2nd, practice will be June 2nd at 9 AM. Practice is MANDATORY for all students that will be participating in the ceremony
- At this time, we do not know how many family members will be allowed to attend. We are recommending students plan on limiting family members to 6-8, but the Central Office has not decided this yet. Additionally, any orders we may be under by the Governor may affect the number of people that can attend.
- Masks: We will not know about masks until the week of the event as well. If mandated by the Governor and the ACBOE, then students will have to wear a mask. Again, this information is to be determined.
- Dress: Boys will wear dark dress pants and dark dress shoes and should wear a tie or bow tie. Girls will wear a dark dress and dark dress shoes
- If you are decorating your cap for graduation, it MUST be brought to school at least 2 weeks before graduation for Mr. Woodfin to approve. Caps may NOT have any language, picture, or innuendo, etc. that would not be acceptable at school.
- The graduation fee is $25. The fee pays for stage and chair rental (and decorations) for the ceremony.
- All school graduation fees must be paid by May 25th. Checks need to be made out to Marbury High School and can start being paid now. Again, the $25 covers the cost of having the event at school.
- Senior graduation fee is $25.00. Please make checks payable to Marbury High School, however, you may pay with cash if you have the correct amount and will not need change. This can be paid to Mrs. Jerkins anytime before 12:30 daily.
- Cap and Gowns should have been ordered already! If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please see Mrs. Jerkins. Her email address is email@example.com.
- Fees for Cap and Gown and invitations and other items are paid directly to Jostens. We do not take up money for Jostens items. Please contact Jostens directly about payment and account balance. (The ONLY fee paid to MHS is the graduation fee of $25).
- We are waiting on guidance from the Central Office regarding Senior Week activities. At this time, we can not take a trip (no field trips are allowed for schools in Autauga County due to COVID-19).
YEARBOOK SENIOR SECTION SUBMISSIONS! -
Due to our deadline, we are no longer accepting submissions to the senior section of the yearbook. If you did not submit, we will pick your portrait for you.
However, the yearbook and senior ad sale has been extended to March 31, 2021. Please click on the Announcement about it above.
Senior Cap and Gown Pictures:
If you missed taking these in February due to being quarantined, or you forgot and want to have them made, please call Lifetouch at 334-361-2360 to set up a make-up appointment at the studio. These pictures are NOT required to take. They are just for your convenience if you wish to have them made.
Baccalaureate Ceremony Information:
Boone’s Chapel Baptist Church will be hosting the Baccalaureate Service for the Class of 2021.
The service will be held Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 2:00 pm. It is NOT mandatory for seniors to attend.
The dress code is as follows:
Young men: Dark dress pants, dark dress shoes, and tie. Wear your senior gown, but not senior cap.
Young women: Dark dress and dark dress shoes. NO flip flops. Wear your senior gown, but not senior cap.
SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT INFORMATION:
Senior Awards night will be held on Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6 PM in the lunchroom, unless we have an overwhelming number in attendance, then it will be moved to the gym. Seniors who have received scholarships will be recognized as long as they return their "Senior Exit Questionnaire" back into Mrs. Hicks by Friday, May 21, 2021. The "Senior Exit Questionnaire" can be picked up from the counselor's office.